Sunday, November 10, 2013

Story - 2009

Another year is about to finish, giving way for a new one.
However, life is not that simple and smooth like the flow of time. It can not be measured in terms of number of months or years. The pace of life can be measured by the number and impact of the events and the incidents happening in it.

For me, for sure 2009 was an year of events - some quite big and turning points of life also.

The MBA dreams
2009 started just in quick continuation to 2008 - with most of my time spent on writing MBA applications. I submitted applications for Ross and NUS in Jan 2009. For most of the Feb, I spent time relaxing and waiting for results. Soon it became clear that there was no point waiting. I had to move on and decide what next.
The whole MBA app process had taught me that my profile is not yet suited for a globally reputed MBA course. So I thought of spending my time not just on thinking how to do MBA but also do things that I like to do.

AID and the maths kit
I was getting more and more responsibilities in office and enjoyed my work. Apart from that I wanted to spend my extra time on something creative. I talked to a colleague (Mr SD) of mine who is very active in social work to get involved in some activities with him. One of my friends (NP) is working under SD in same project. He also talked to SD regarding the social work. SD asked us to join AID - association for India's development.
NP also pulled in his roomie TB who brought in his friend NS too.
So, we four, along with SD, started working on a mathematical kit for primary classes students. It was a very ambitious project.

--- below was written in 2013

Marriage
2009 ended with my marriage to Pooja Gupta and an awesome trip to Andaman & Nikobar islands.

No comments: